Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Twelve Days of Classic Comic Covers, Day Ten

Day 10: Superman vs. The Amazing Spider-Man - Carmine Infantino, layouts; Ross Andru, pencils; Dick Giordano, inks (1976).



I believe its iconic value speaks for itself, as does Infantino's fantastic design (what perspective!), but the reason I place this one this high is because for thirty years this was my holy grail, the one comic I wanted so badly but could not find. This comic sparked the only time I searched multiple comic book outlets for weeks on end trying to find one book. And I never found it. Not during my childhood, anyway. I did, though, finally procure myself a copy two years ago. And I've never read it. Stupid, yeah, but I'm afraid reading it would only disappoint what for thirty years was in my mind the end-all and beat-all of all comic books.

No comments: